golden girl

golden girl

tisdag 12 april 2016

What does a brain aneurysm look like?




This is how a brain aneurysm look like.

The day after the great tsunami, the 27th of December 2004, our then eleven year old son
had a brain aneurysm that burst. I think of it as a great wave of blood that swept through his brain.
It was a subarachnoid hemorrhage which is fatal if not treated immediately. 


The aneurysm
oil on canvas
2011


(The image processing software I use can´t handle the subtle colors I used for this
image. The colors don´t match the original.)

Anyhow, I will tell you the story of the dramatic events that took place over ten years ago, giving you one page at the time. Above you see the title page: Blodvåg (Blood wave ). Since this little side project probably will take several weeks I will tell you here and now: our beloved son
survived the calamity.


He is alive.


Axel, a survivor. 

This artist  has depicted another bodily organ bursting:


Ivar Arosenius
Self portrait with bleeding heart, 1903
Graphite and water color


Ivar Arosenius
The Princess with toys, 1908
Tempera on canvas


I found this invitation to a party that I was hosting. It is undated but
I guess it is from the early, early eighties. I am not sure what image I was trying to present. This is one of the very few self portraits (sic) I have done.


36 years later I look somewhat like this. This is not much of a portrait but
at least I do not look like a character in a story book anymore.

To conclude today´s session  I will present to you another French illustrator, this time a woman by the name Charlotte Gastaut.


Charlotte Gastaut
The Magic Flute 
Words by Pierre Coran
Raben&Sjögren, 2015


Charlotte Gastaut
The Little Mermaid
Words by H.C. Andersen
Raben&Sjögren, 2014


Charlotte Gastaut
The Little Mermaid
Words by H.C. Andersen
Raben&Sjögren, 2014


Charlotte Gastaut
Fannys fantastiska resa
Rabén&Sjögren, 2010


Charlotte Gastaut
Fannys fantastiska resa
Rabén&Sjögren, 2010


Charlotte Gastaut
Fannys fantastiska resa
Rabén&Sjögren, 2010


József Rippl-Rónai
Woman with Flower, 1891
Pastel on paper applied to canvas

OK, one more thing. I really appreciated all of you who shared your thoughts on and experiences
with angels. Thank you!













4 kommentarer:

  1. Det är jag som är "unknown". Problem med tekniken... Anna

    SvaraRadera
  2. Det är jag som är "unknown". Problem med tekniken... Anna

    SvaraRadera